25 September, 2015

Chapter 2 - The Throne of God

Heaven is a real place. It is a literal destination. It is not some ephemeral dream, some imagined vision. God has revealed to all of us many of the realities of heaven through the Holy Scriptures.

THE FIRST HEAVEN
First, there is an atmospheric heaven. This is the atmosphere around the earth. It is where the birds fly and the winds blow. This is where showers, storms, mists, vapors, and clouds are formed. The sky is the place the angel was referring to in Acts 1:11 when he asked the disciples why they were "gazing up into heaven." Jesus, when He was talking to His Father, "lifted up His eyes to heaven" (John 17:1), or toward the sky.

THE SECOND HEAVEN
Then, there is the heaven of space. This is the region of the sun, the moon, and the stars. It is mentioned in the Bible in many places, a few of which are given here:

Blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore...Genesis 22:17 
And take heed, lest you lift your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, you feel driven to worship them and serve them, which the LORD your God has given to all the peoples under the whole heaven as a heritage...Deuteronomy 4:19 
Can you bind the cluster of the Pieiades, or loose the belt of Orion? Can you bring out Mazzaroth in its season? Or can you guide the Great Bear with its cubs? Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you set their dominion over the earth?..Job 38:31-33 
For the stars of heaven and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be darkened in its going forth, and the moon will not cause its light to shine...Isaiah 13:10 
Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken...Matthew 24:29
THE THIRD HEAVEN
The destination of the righteous, however, is beyond the atmosphere and the starry skies. This place is what the apostle Paul referred to when he wrote, "I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven" (2 Corinthians 12:2 NIV).

Heaven, as I am using the term throughout this book, is the region often spoken of as the immediate presence of God:
For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us...Hebrews 9:24

Heaven is where God lives. When Jesus taught us to pray, He said to pray to "our Father in heaven" (Matthew 6:9).

In 1 Kings 8:30, heaven is called the dwelling place of God. In Psalm 11:4, it is called God’s holy temple and the place where His throne is.

There, in the temple of God’s divine majesty, His excellent glory is revealed in the most conspicuous manner. It is a sacred place of light, joy, and glory. We don’t know exactly where the location is, but often in the Bible heaven is indicated as being "up." We know that God Almighty is in heaven. There He and Jesus Christ are the central focus of saints, angels, and all worshipping beings.

What glorious company there is in heaven! Angels are there, because Jesus said, "In heaven angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 18:10).

The saints are there because Jesus promised us, "Where I am, there you may be also" (John 14:3). We are told in 1 Peter 1:4 that an inheritance has been reserved for us in heaven- an inheritance that is incorruptible, undefiled, and that will not fade away. Saints, it excites me to testify of my beautiful visit to heaven. I am thrilled to tell you of the things I saw and the people I saw. 
 
THE PRAISE OF HEAVEN
After the angel of God had shown me the room of tears, he repeated the litany I heard so often throughout my visits to heaven: "Come and see the glory of your God!" The radiant, magnificent, celestial splendor of heaven overwhelmed me. The blazes of glory that seemed to shoot from everything I saw filled me with awe. The beauty and bliss of that fair land cannot accurately be pictured by the mind’s eye unless a person has seen it for him self. At that moment, I thought of the words I once heard someone quote:

The light of heaven
Is the face of Jesus.
The joy of heaven
Is the presence of Jesus.
The harmony of heaven
Is the praise of Jesus.
The theme of heaven
Is the work of Jesus.
The employment of heaven
Is the service of Jesus.
The fullness of heaven
Is Jesus Himself.

As I went with the angel, I could feel joy, peace, and happiness everywhere. My thoughts went to my family on earth, and it seemed the angel knew my thoughts. He said to me, "You have a mission to fulfill for God. You are to tell the people on earth what is up here. God is showing you some of heaven, but not all of it. Come and see the glory of your God."

When we reached our destination, I could hear many, many voices singing praises to God.
The magnificent music of the worshippers of Heaven thrilled my soul. Honor and glory echoed and reechoed across the wide expanse of heaven as seraphim and saints sang endless anthems of praise with exuberance.
APPROACHING THE THRONE
My soul was exhilarated and transported with joy. Somehow I knew we were nearing the throne of God. The angel who guided me stopped a long way off, far back from the throne of God. I could see a panoramic view of events that were taking place. I saw the same scene that John saw in his vision that he described in Revelation:

Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands...Revelation 5:11

Oh, people of earth, if you can only realize what God has in store for us who love Him! As I gazed in rapture at the scene before me, something even more wonderful happened. I could hear louder than ever these thousands upon thousands of voices praising God. Then- wonder of all wonders!-the angel permitted me to see what I had always longed to see, the throne of God.

THE GLORIOUS THRONE OF GOD
God’s throne was "high and lifted up" (Isaiah 6:1). Coming out from under the base, the River of Life flowed in its beauty and purity. The glory of God overshadowed the throne. It seemed that lightning, thunder, and voices were all around the throne. John, in describing a vision he had of heaven, said,

And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God...Revelation 4:5

I saw a rainbow arching above and around the throne, "in appearance like an emerald" (Revelation 4:3). The brilliant, glorious hues of the rainbow were mixed with light, producing dazzlingly intense colors.

It was unlike anything I have ever seen on earth. Varied colors of radiant light signified glory and power. Blazes of splendor flashed from the throne. Beams of glory radiated from it. So much of heaven seems transparent, and those illustrious beams that come forth from the throne are filled with light that is reflected in every part of paradise!

How long I stayed in this heavenly arena, I do not know, but I was overwhelmed with awe. I thought of the thousands who have gone on to heaven and of the many thousands who will yet come. I thought of the holiness of God, the purity of His majesty, and the perfection of His Word. I shouted aloud, "Oh, God! How wonderful it is to behold Your glory and Your majesty and Your power!" As before, the angel of the Lord said to me, "Come with me. There are many other things in heaven that I want to show you."
 


THE ROOM OF RECORDS
I was amazed to see a room of records in which meticulous records were being kept. The angel said that God has His angels keep records of every church service on earth and every service in a home where He is lifted up and praised.
 
God also keeps records on those who are out of His will. He showed me how God’s angels keep records of the money that is given in church services, along with a record of the attitudes with which people contribute. He told me of people who have money but won’t give to the work of the Lord. I thought of how Jesus carefully watched the offering and the treasury when He went to the temple of the Lord: 
 
Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much. Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans [ than a penny]. So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; "for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood." Mark 12:41-44

As the many things were revealed to me, including the room where the record books are kept, the angel reminded me that I was to re member to make a record of these things. He said there were many things that were mysteries to me, as I was only seeing dimly (1 Corinthians 13:12). But the angel emphasized that I was to tell the people on earth about the things I saw.

As we reached another part of heaven, I looked down a very long corridor. Its walls were high, and they seemed to be made of platinum. I could hear the high praises of God ringing out continually. I was amazed at the brilliancy of light and glory that reflected from the walls. Puzzled, I asked, "What is this?" It seemed like the walls were miles long; I couldn’t see the end of them.

THE STOREHOUSE OF GOD
The angel who was showing me these things said, "Look at the top of this wall." There on the top of it was etched the word, Storehouse. When I asked, "What are these rooms?", the angel told me these rooms contained blessings that are stored up for God’s people!

Heaven is perfect purity, and God wants to purify His saints on earth so they will enjoy heaven’s atmosphere. Heaven is fullness of joy, and God desires to give joy to His people on earth. Heaven is everlasting freedom, and God longs for His people to have deliverance while on earth. Heaven is perfect wholeness, and God wants to heal His people here on earth. Heaven is complete security, and God wants His people to feel confident and secure here on earth. Heaven is fruition and fulfillment, and God de sires that His people be fulfilled on earth.

When Jesus instructed us to pray that God’s "will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10), He revealed that God wants us to have a taste of heaven here on earth! Saints, the Lord has storehouses of blessings just for you. They are waiting in heaven for you to claim them and to receive them now, here on earth. God wants to save you. He wants to deliver you. He wants to heal you. He wants you to know "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding" (Philippians 4:7). He wants you to experience a lasting "joy inexpressible and full of glory" (1 Peter 1:8). 

THE HEALING JESUS
"See the glory of your God," the angel pro claimed. When he disappeared, Jesus stood be side me. I looked at Jesus. He seemed to be taller now than I had perceived Him to be before. The brilliant robe He wore hung on Him elegantly and gracefully. Sandals graced His scarred feet, and His face and hair were glorious and beautiful.

As I gazed at Him, I asked, "Jesus, what are these rooms?" The Lord didn’t speak to me, but He put out His hand and moved it toward the wall. At that moment, a large opening appeared in the wall. All around the edges of the opening I saw glory and power and light. Like every other object, this seemed to give glory to God. I cried out, "Oh, Lord, what is this?"

He said to me, "My child, these are for My people. They are for sinners on the earth, if they will only believe. I died to make them whole." As I looked into His eyes, I knew that He wanted people to believe that He, Jesus Christ, had died so that we could be made whole. He said, "Healings are waiting for people on earth. The day will come when there will be an avalanche of miracles and healings on the earth." Continuing, He said, "Child, as far as you can see, these are supply buildings, or store houses. The blessings contained here await the belief of those on earth. All they have to do is believe and receive-believe that I am the Lord Jesus Christ and that I am able to do these things, and receive My gifts."

"When you go back to the earth," He emphasized, "remember that it is not you who does the healing. It is not the vessel that heals; it is I. Just speak my Word and pray, and I will do the healing. Believe that I can do it." I shouted, "Glory to God! Hallelujah! Thank You, Jesus!" Jesus put His hand down, and the opening in the wall closed. Then the angel and I traveled at a very fast speed to another place. Here, too, I could hear the music and the glorious shouts of the people of God. The angel said, "Child, I’ve been commanded by the Lord to show you several things. Tell the people about these things."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment